THE AFRO/CARIBBEAN MENTORSHIP PROGRAM, CARLETON UNIVERSITY
September 2020 – February 2020
The Afro-Caribbean Mentorship Program (ACMP) is an initiative dedicated to supporting the success of African, Caribbean, Black (ACB) and other racialized undergraduate and graduate students on campus, while encouraging them to be confident members in our Ottawa community.
- Develop and manage projects, evaluation, reporting to management, stakeholders and funders.
- Event planning and management.
- Digital production and social media management.
Planned Parenthood Ottawa
Dec 2020 – January 2021
Support Planned Parenthood Ottawa with the development of a curriculum, a series of classroom-based workshops for students in Grade 9 to reduce teen dating violence among youth of all genders.
John Howard Society of Ottawa
January 2020 – November 2020
A Different Street provides male identifying youth, regardless of their complexities and challenges, an opportunity to access safe accommodations and utilize intensive on-site supports to assist with their life goals. This program strives to contribute to a reduction in the number of individuals using homeless shelters or living on the street, as well as to intervene with justice-involved and at-risk youth to decrease their risk for future offending and other problematic behaviours.
- Completed standardized assessments to evaluate the client’s risk and need areas, and to develop and implement an intervention plan to address those areas of need;
- Intervention development utilized behavioural, cognitive behavioural and social learning approaches;
- Established with the client achievable, time specific goals, and identified intermediate targets for change;
- Provided structured individual counselling with clients.
John Howard Society of Waterloo-Wellington
August 2018 – July 2019
Coordinated the Partner Assault Response (PAR) program; clients were perpetrators of domestic abuse, and court-mandated to finish the program. The program focused on taking responsibility and developing healthy relationship skills.
- Counseled clients in group and individual settings.
- Case management of criminalized and often vulnerable clients. Responsibilities included intake and determining eligibility, client assessment, determining client needs and client referrals to other services, reporting to management.
- Evaluated and monitored participant behaviours, cognitions, stages of change and motivation in relation to goals and the effects of behaviours on partners, children as well as the client.
March 2016 – May 2018
Innodata is an IT company providing services for publishers. My department worked with Wolters Kluwer Belgium, a legal publisher.
- Produced tools for teams, such as such as guidance documents, training documents, process flows, reports, etc.
- Analysed project progress, bottlenecks and efficiencies, project quality and results, project workflow and organizational structure, and data collection methods.
- Reported to senior management and clients in person and in writing, in briefings, reports, meeting preparation materials, memos.
- Facilitated flow of information between teams, management and clients, briefed management on important developments or inquiries, answered client inquiries.